Okayama JALT January Meeting
Date: Saturday, January 21st, 2017 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Stephen Hampshire; Tom Fast
Making English classes more active and communicative by Steve Hampshire
In this materials-based workshop, I will demonstrate some team, group and pair work activities guaranteed to put your students into active English mode! Taken from Why Canít Elephants Jump? (Perceptia), my new bilingual materials book for teachers, these ideas can be easily integrated into existing courses. With ever-growing demands on teachers to make English classes more communicative, what better time to stock up with new ideas.
Textbook as memoir: A journey from learner to teacher to author by Tom Fast
This talk will serve as an introduction of my recently published textbook, Impact 4 (Cengage). I will share some methodologies and activities from the book which the audience can incorporate into their own lessons. I will also share how the ideas inside the text got there in the first place, by reflecting on my discoveries as a young language student, teacher and professor, and allowing participants to reflect on their own teaching beliefs as well.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University (NDSU), Logos Hall, Room 7-2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: