Double Feature: The Creative Collaboration behind Are You An Echo? The Lost Poetry Of Misuzu Kaneko; and SCBWI Showcase of New Works
Date: Saturday, February 4th, 2017 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: David Jacobson, Michiko Tsuboi, Toshikado Hajiri, Michael Currinder, Suzanne Kamata, Keiko Kazsa, Leza Lowitz, Ginny Tapley Takemori, and Holly Thompson
- Author David Jacobson
- Translator Michiko Tsuboi
- Illustrator Toshikado Hajiri
- Michael Currinder, author of Running Full Tilt
- Suzanne Kamata, author of The Mermaids Of Lake Michigan
- Keiko Kazsa, author of Yuukun's Bear Pajamas
- Leza Lowitz, author of Up From The Sea
- Ginny Tapley Takemori, author of The Secret Of The Blue Glass
- Holly Thompson, author of Falling Into The Dragon's Mouth
Join three of the creators of the stunning picture book published by Chin Music Press about the life and poetry of Misuzu Kaneko. David Jacobson will share about his role in crafting the biographical text and the forming of the book's creative team. Michiko Tsuboi will address challenges faced in translating the seemingly simple poems of Misuzu Kaneko and her collaborative process with co-translator Sally Ito. Toshikado Hajiri will discuss his research, process, approach and technique in creating the many detailed illustrations for the book. There will be plenty of time for Q&A. Please feel free to bring your pre-purchased books for signing; please note that books will not be available for purchase at this event.
This will be followed by the SCBWI Japan Showcase 2017 in which SCBWI Japan member authors, illustrators and translators will present their recent or forthcoming childrenfs and YA books to the public in brief, lively presentations. Authors and illustrators will share excerpts, ideas that inspired the work, creative process, techniques, curriculum tie-ins, related activities, and more. Speed Q&A will follow the presentations.
Reserve by sending an e-mail to japan (at) scbwi.org
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 1,000 yen
Non-members: 1,500 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, Audiovisual Rooms A and B 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo (by the United Nations University)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908