ETJ East Tokyo:
Internationalization and Globalization in Japanese Primary Schools: The Challenges of an International School authorized by the Article 1 of the School Education Law
Date: Sunday, February 19th, 2017 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Hiroyo Yoshimura (Education Advisor at Makuhari International School, Advisor and Supporter for teaching English in elementary schools)
- Is speaking near-native English indispensable for bringing up "global citizens"?
- What are the "global citizens"?
- What is expected of schools in bringing up "global citizens"?
Hiroyo Yoshimura was an Advisor on teaching English in elementary schools in Arakawa-ku, Tokyo for twelve years and teacher and administrator at public elementary and junior high schools in Narashino City, Chiba. She obtained an MA degree in Teaching English to Young Learners from the University of York. She is quite active giving seminars for teachers and administrators.
This workshop will be live-streamed. Those who are interested in the topic but can't attend can join online. Online participants can not only listen to the talk but also ask questions or give comments during the talk using Skype text chat. We ask online participants to use their computers and actively participate in the workshop. Use of smart phones is not recommended.
Please pre-register by sending email to Yuco Kikuchi stating whether you would like to attend or participate online. Online participants will be asked to conduct a very short connecting test prior to the workshop. Pre-registration for online participation will be closed on Thursday, February 16th.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen for ETJ members
Non-members: 1,000 yen for one-day members and online participants
Venue: Seminar Room 3, 6F, Camelia Plaza, Kameido Station (Sobu or Tobu Kameido Line), 2-19-1 Kameido, Koto-ku, Tokyo 136-0071 Ph: 03-5626-2121 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 043-251-0027