Business Communication (BizCom) SIG of JALT:
Summer Seminar: Business and Intercultural Negotiation (day 2 of 2)
Date: Sunday, July 2nd, 2017 Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Chris Bates (Interfas management consulting company, Taiwan), Kumiko Murata (Waseda University), Tim Craig (Doshisha University)
JALT Business Communication SIG, Kansai University, SIETAR Kansai, and the JALT Osaka and Kyoto chapters are proud to present the "Business and Intercultural Negotiation" conference, to be held July 1st and 2nd 2017, at Kansai University, Osaka. The aim of this event is to bring together and develop synergies between international business, English as a lingua franca and intercultural communication.
- Chris Bates, a director for Inter-fas, a management consultancy company based in Taiwan. He is an accomplished international business and joint venture management professional with over 32 years of experience driving new industrial markets, products and sales throughout Asia Pacific and China, as well as in Europe, the Middle East, India and the US. His specialties include executive search in Greater China, advanced negotiation, fluency in Mandarin and industry intelligence.
- Dr Kumiko Murata, the editor of "Exploring ELF (English as a lingua franca) in Japanese Academic and Business Contexts" and "Global Englishes in Asian Contexts."
- Dr Tim Craig, who has expertise in the areas of international business, strategic management, cross-cultural management and Japanese popular culture.
Please see the conference website for details.
Organization: The Business English Special Interest Group of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Business Communication (BizCom) SIG of JALT)
Venue: Rooms F401 and F402 Iwasaki Kinenkan Blog, Kansai University Senriyama campus, Suita-shi, Osaka-fu
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Business Communication (BizCom) SIG of JALT
This event is co-sponsored by: