Improving Pronunciation through an Applied Drama Project
Date: Sunday, February 12th, 2017 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Samuel Nfor
Samuel Nfor will present results from a study which investigated Japanese students studying English who participated in an applied drama project emerged with improved pronunciation skills. Students' sketches were recorded and transcribed to identify pronunciation problems so as to make informed interventions in a series of lessons and were again recorded and transcribed after the intervention to assess progress made in addressing the original pronunciation problems. The study also used questionnaires and interviews at the start and end of the course to gauge studentsí enthusiasm and to analyse their self-assessment. The study concluded that language taught through applied drama supplied a motivation for positive change in the students pronunciation of English.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology
Location: Maebashi City, Gunma Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: