Motivation Boot C.A.M.P.
Date: Sunday, March 12th, 2017 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Chris P. Madden
The term C.A.M.P. comes from collaboration, autonomy, mastery, and purpose, and together we will examine how to weave them into our classrooms. Firstly, ignore intrinsic motivation. Act as though everything you do (and don't do) in the classroom (and beyond) affects your students' extrinsic motivation.
In the first half of this workshop, I will show you two short videos with accompanying worksheets that I use to stimulate motivation. The first, in which Steve Jobs talks of collaboration, challenges Japanese people to examine their stratified society. The second, in which Daniel Pink examines autonomy, mastery, and purpose as they relate to motivation, will enhance your students' understanding of the true roots of inner drive.
In the second half of this workshop, we will discuss the personal and professional factors influencing our motivations, and I will explain the steps to facilitating the most motivational classroom I have created.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Rental Space Holly, Urawa, Saitama (map)
Location: Saitama City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: