The Society for Intercultural Education, Training, And Research:
The Contrast Culture Method: A Training Workshop (day 2)
Date: Saturday, May 6th, 2017 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Contrast Cultre Method is an intercultural training approach which can be effectively used in many different contexts (classrooms, businesses, teacher training, etc.) It is a collaborative process where the goal is to raise awareness of cultural and value differences that can affect our decisions and behavior. The main focus is role plays, with one trained actor, and the other person playing her/himself. The actor reacts to the other role player in a way that highlights the contrasts between them, hence the name. A facilitator then takes the group through questioning, discussion and reflection. The group process is essential for experiential learning.
- Day one (May 5): 13-00-17:00 & 19:00-21:00 General introduction and participation in an intensive CCM training session. Where and how CCM can be applied.
- Day two (May 6): 9:00-17:00 Learning to become a trainer, preparing and carrying out a workshop.
- Day three (May 7): 9:00-12:00 Intensive training to become a CCM trainer.
Please contact Donna Fujimoto, fujimotodonna AT gmail DOT com by April 21st for an application form.
Cost: One day, 4000 yen, two days 6000 yen, three days 8000 yen
Venue: Nanzan Gakuen Research Center, Nagoya
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact The Society for Intercultural Education, Training, And Research
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0422-52-6713
Phone (work): 03-5389-6239