ETJ Chiba May Online Workshop Preparing for Output by Shadoku (Extensive Reading while Shadowing)
Date: Sunday, May 28th, 2017 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Yuko Suzuki (ABC4YOU English School)
The outline of workshop: Reading stories for enjoyment is a natural way to develop reading skills and many learners of English put a lot of effort into reading, but sometimes the joy of reading is left behind. There are many books which learners can read easily and enjoy at the same time, and books with audio allows students to listen to a variety of fluent readings. Shadoku (Extensive Reading while Shadowing) is a method which enables learners to read lots of books out loud by themselves for pleasure starting with easy fun books. This enables students to read a tremendous amount of words and phrases and gets them simulating expressions in the stories. They not only improve their reading fluency (reading with expressions) but also their output ability as well.
Yuko will introduce the Shadoku method, show examples of output from secondary students, and give some effective ideas for bringing it into your English class.
Organization: ETJ Chiba (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Chiba)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen for ETJ members
Non-members: 1,000 yen for one-day members and online participants
Venue: Camelia Plaza 9F, 2 min walk from Kameido Station on Sobu Line or Tobu Kameido Line; 2-19-1 Kameido, Koto-ku, Tokyo Ph: 03-5626-2121 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Chiba
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 043-251-0027