Internationalizing higher education: A synopsis of English-medium instruction (EMI) and Content and language-integrated learning (CLIL) in Europe
Date: Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 Time: 4:20 PM - 5:50 PM
Speaker: Suzanne Gundermann
Introduction: the role of English in global academia. The concepts of EMI and CLIL. Disambiguation of both and related concepts. Their spread in European higher education. EMI at the University of Freiburg. Strategic dimension of EMI/CLIL. Internationalization of higher education and its benefits for institutions, the economy and the state. Insights from EMI and CLIL practice. Common challenges & benefits for staff and students. Outlook: Implementation and support. Entry language assessment for staff, for students? Additional support for staff, for students?
Organization: Okinawa Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okinawa JALT)
Venue: University of the Ryukyus 50th Anniversary Hall (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okinawa JALT
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 098-895-8448
Mobile phone: 098-895-8304