JACET 2017: The 56th International Convention (day 2 of 3)
Date: Wednesday, August 30th, 2017 Time: 9:00 AM - 3:50 PM
Speaker: Plenary speakers Barbara Seidlhofer (University of Vienna) and Phyllis Ghim-Lian Chew (Nanyang Technological University)
As we head toward the first quarter of the 21st century, the importance of communication at a global level is becoming increasingly evident. In practice, there is a great need for a lingua franca. Over the past two decades, there have been remarkable growth and development in ELF (English as a Lingua Franca) theory, research and practice. ELF has always been a means of communication in multilingual settings where English is regarded as a lingua franca among interlocutors from a wide range of linguistic and cultural backgrounds. As the extent and diversity of English use continue to rapidly grow, we need to reconsider ELF by situating it clearly against the backdrop of a globalized world with considerations for issues in applied linguistics and language teaching. For details, please see the JACET 2017 webpage.
Organization: Japan Association of College English Teachers (National JACET)
Venue: Aoyama Gakuin University, 4-4-25, Shibuya, Shibuya-Ku, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact National JACET
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3268-9686