Helpful Hints on How to Get Published in the EFL Market in Japan: Making your Proposal Count: Four Industry Perspectives: the Publisher, Editor, Salesperson, and Author
Date: Saturday, May 13th, 2017 Time: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Todd Jay Leonard
In today's competitive publishing world, getting the proverbial foot in the door can seem daunting and nearly impossible. What are publishers looking for in the current market? What appeals to editors who ultimately decide which titles go to production and which ones do not? What are the salespeople on the front lines hearing from their market base? What must an author do in order to get his/her book published? This presentation focuses on these very questions, offering inside insights from all the various points of view that must be considered when writing a proposal to publish a textbook--the publisher, the editor, the salesperson, and the author.
Professor Leonard explains the realities within the publishing industry and addresses some common myths associated with EFL publishing.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: ComCity, room #301 (Kurosaki station) 3-15-3, Kurosaki, Yahatanishi-ku, Kitakyushu (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: