Creating a Mindset for Active Learning
Date: Sunday, April 30th, 2017 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Adrian Leis, Ph.D
In recent years, the concept of Active Learning has been at the center of many discussions related to all fields of education, including language learning. However, it is difficult to find a clear definition of what it really means. In this presentation, I will discuss the idea of Active Learning and how it could be used in the language classroom. I will also introduce Carolyn Dweck’s Growth Mindset and how creating a classroom atmosphere that encourages this way of thinking can help students to be more prepared to take on the challenges that come with Active Learning. This presentation will be interactive, and participants will be expected to share their experiences, opinions, and ideas on a variety of topics.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Sendai Shimin Katsudo Support Center Seminar Hall (map)
Location: Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: