Theories of Creative Writing
Date: Sunday, February 25th, 2001 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Tim Blankly, Kokugakuin Junior College, Takikawa
By studying real texts such as fiction, poetry, philosophy, history, etc., students can begin to understand how to become creative writers in English as a Second Language. By identifying the relevant theoretical premises, students can practice creative-writing techniques. The presenter will present on helping ESL students understand how English language writers develop their ideas. The focus will be on encouraging students to become creative writers.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Hokkaido International School (five minutes from Sumikawa Station; doors open at 13:00)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: