Akita International University:
Practical English Teaching Workshop 2017
Date: Sunday, August 6th, 2017 Time: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: Erin Mikulec (Illinois State University), and Tomo Machida, Mark deBoer, Cherie Brown, Pat Dougherty, Mary Frances Agnello, Miguel Sosa, Leigh Bennett, Malcolm Sim, Clay Williams (all from AIU)
Following the very successful inaugural workshop in 2016, AIU will host a revised workshop for 2017! Take advantage of this unique opportunity to experience practical English teaching pedagogy and gain useful content from Japan's foremost tertiary English language educator, a member of the prestigious Super Global University grouping, Akita International University (AIU). One of AIU's goals is to share its respected expertise with other professionals involved in English language education across Japan. As a result, these workshop sessions will be videotaped using a single stationary camera located in the back of the classroom and this recording will be used as part of AIU's ongoing IT innovation in teaching.
Participants in this free one-day workshop on Sunday August 6th 2017 will benefit from a series of practical micro-classes involving AIU faculty applying their years of experience in ELT to the actual textbooks that many Junior & Senior High School teachers (JHS & SHS) are currently using all over Japan. Classes will be based on material from the following textbooks: New Horizon 2 by Tokyo Shoseki (JHS), and Element 1 & Landmark 1 (SHS) by Keirinkan. As a workshop participant, you will experience intensive classes through the eyes of the student and also gain valuable practical knowledge and ideas from experienced ELT professionals. Time will be given at the end of each session for Q&A and discussion.
Organization: Akita International University
Venue: Akita International University, Lecture Building D, map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita International University
Email QR Code: