Teaching for Global Citizenship in the Language Classroom
Date: Saturday, July 8th, 2017 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kip Cates (Tottori University)
The English classroom can be more than just a place to practice language skills. It can also be a "window to the world" where students learn about other cultures, explore international themes and acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed in a global age. This workshop will outline ways to add a global perspective to the curriculum and demonstrate content-based activities that promote world awareness, international understanding and global citizenship. Participants will analyze the content, aims and design of the activities and discuss how to adapt these to different ages, levels and teaching situations.
This talk will be followed by the annual beer garden event.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Venue: Okayama University General Education Building (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: