Getting Published in JALT Publications
Date: Friday, October 20th, 2017 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Jerry Talandis Jr. (University of Toyama), Aleda Krause (Seigakuin University), Eric Hauser (University of Electro-Communications)
In this panel presentation, editors from the three journals comprising JALT Publications (JALT Journal, The Language Teacher, and the Postconference Publication) will talk about what it takes for you to get published. Submission guidelines as well as various dos and don'ts for increasing your chances of acceptance will be covered.
Jerry Talandis Jr., who is based at the University of Toyama, was a TLT Co-editor from 2008 to 2010. He is currently serving as the JALT Publications Board Chair.
Aleda Krause has been the Production Editor of JALT Journal since 2010 and Co-editor of the Postconference Publication since 2013. She teaches how to teach English to children at Seigakuin University. Eric Hauser is currently the Associate Editor of JALT Journal and can be found teaching English at the University of Electro-Communications in Tokyo.
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Rikkyo University, Ikebukuro Campus
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: