Why Student Demotivation Is Normal (And What To Do About It)
Date: Saturday, October 14th, 2017 Time: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Joseph Shaules, Juntendo University Faculty of International Liberal Arts
Many teachers complain about demotivated students. We will see, however, that common ideas about motivation are at odds with recent insights in cognitive neuroscience. Negative attitudes are a normal (though not desirable) part of foreign language learning. We will discuss a new approach to student engagement based on the notion of linguaculture learning and emergent motivation. This talk will be interactive and not overly technical. Participants will have have the chance to share their thoughts and experiences.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu City Ogakura-ku Muromachi 2-11-4 TM building 3F (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: