Temple University Japan:
CANCELLED: Understanding Language Course Design as a Problem-Solving Process
Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2017 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: David Crabbe (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
TUJ sent out notification on October 18 that the Distinguished Lecture Series events in Tokyo and Osaka on October 21 and 28 have been cancelled.
Course design at its most basic is specifying learning goals, together with effective learning opportunities to achieve those goals. But it is more exciting than that. Course design in practice and in context is not static. It requires systematic and on-going problem-solving that starts with understanding the people concerned and the resources available. The understanding entails elements such as the potential roles of learners and teachers, their motivation and beliefs, the opportunities available in and out of the classroom for communicative performance, ways of enhancing that performance, ways of describing it for better metacognitive understanding, and any obstacles in taking up the opportunities.
Organization: Temple University Japan
Venue: TUJ-Tokyo campus, Azabu Hall 3F, 2-8-12 Minami Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0047
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Temple University Japan
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5441-9800