More Ideas and Activities for Children's EFL Classes
Date: Saturday, May 18th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Helene J. Uchida, Little America English Schools
With over 20 years of English teaching experience in Japan, Uchida will share methods, activities and games which plant the seeds of confidence in young learners, enabling and empowering them to have control over their own English. She will also show a video of children in action via the public elementary school pilot program she is conducting in Fukuoka with the support of the Board of Education. Uchida is Director of Little America English Schools, and is the writer for the column "Primary Advice" in the Daily Yomiuri newspaper, among other things. She believes English education in Japan should be more experiential.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: free this month!
Venue: Kotsu Centre, Nagasaki Bus Terminal Building, 4F (#1, #3 or #4 streetcars to Nagasaki ekimae stop, across from Amu PLaza
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: