Performance in Education SIG of JALT:
JALT Speech, Drama, and Debate SIG 2nd Annual Conference in Okinawa (day 2 of 4)
Date: Saturday, November 4th, 2017 Time: 9:15 AM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: There is no keynote speaker. The conference will consist of short presentations, workshops and poster presentations
The JALT Speech, Drama, and Debate SIG and Okinawa JALT would like to announce its 2nd Annual Conference in Okinawa: Teaching Skills for the 21st Century on November 3-6 (Friday to Monday) at Okinawa Christian University. An English speech contest for local students will be held on November 3rd, presentations and workshops will take place on November 4th and 5th, and the conference will finish with a cultural event on November 6th. The cultural event will include lectures on Okinawan culture, language, and history and a tour of Shurijo Castle. Attending the speech contest is free of charge. The cost of the cultural event will be announced at a later date.
Call for papers
The deadline for submissions is October 14 for short presentations and workshops, and October 29 for poster presentations. Please submit proposals for the conference at the official conference website.
Organization: Performance in Education Special Interest Group (formerly known as the Speech, Drama and Debate SIG), Japan Association for Language Teaching (Performance in Education SIG of JALT)
Venue: Okinawa Christian University, Nishihara, Okinawa (map)
Location: Nishihara, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Performance in Education SIG of JALT
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: