Music: Learning to the Beat in EFL
Date: Saturday, November 11th, 2017 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
Songs and chants can be highly effective learning activities for language students of all ages and levels. Share your tips for great songs and how you use them in class and find insight and inspiration as others give their own ideas. Topics for thought and discussion (feel free to bring your own, too!):
- Share some of your favorite tunes for classroom use
- Consider student maturity level and language ability level, plus achievability of lyrics
- What are your expectations: Enjoyment? Comprehension? Producing similar language?
- How many times can you use a song for a class? How can it stay fresh?
- General tips for chants and songs
- Actions and other activities for songs
- Setting up a song, wrapping up a song, connecting it to other activities
- Music outside the classroom
Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community.
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen (membership is free at the door)
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University Community Center (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: