Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2017 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Ian Nakamura, David Townsend and Larry Dante
An Introduction to Discourse Analysis for Language Teachers (Ian Nakamura)
The presenter will show excerpts of interviews of the same guest, Larry David, conducted by two different interviewers. Studying the discourse can be both enjoyable and instructive in learning how to be more accomplished facilitators of talk with students. The features to be discussed include prompts, exploratory probes, reformulation, and repair. This session should be informative for teachers of all levels who are interested in talking to and interviewing students.
Practical Advice for Integrating a University Curriculum (David Townsend and Larry Dante) This presentation will detail the development and implementation of an integrated English-language curriculum in the English department of a private Japanese university. Emphasis will be put on demonstrating how the various classes are linked together in a practical sense using examples from the program.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Logos Hall, Room 7-2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: