Integrating Intercultural Communication in the University Language Classroom
Date: Sunday, January 21st, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Tomoko Yoshida
Culture influences the way we think and behave; much of what we think of as "common sense" is governed by culture. As a result, to communicate effectively in a foreign language we must understand the target culture. Unfortunately, most universities offer instruction on foreign language and culture in separate classrooms. In this two-hour workshop, the author will begin by introducing a theoretical framework for planning a content-based language class on intercultural communication. Participants will then explore and experience numerous experiential learning activities that can be used in their own classrooms.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: