Developing Student-led Small Group Discussion of Student-Selected and Developed Video Content
Date: Sunday, February 18th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Kevin Ryan
In this workshop, we will look at developing student-led small group discussions of student-selected and developed video content. Students choose videos to develop into lessons online for other students, then for repeated small group presentations and immediate peer feedback in the classroom. Short sessions with a different set of rotating group leaders increases autonomy and student interaction. We will look at sample activities as well as videos of student interaction. The technology discussed in this workshop includes YouTube, English Central, TedEd, EdPuzzle, Moodle and Google Forms.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: