The Planning and Development of an Active English Curriculum for University First-Year English Majors
Date: Sunday, January 14th, 2018 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Keith Barrs, Amir Feroze, Daniel Hougham, Hosam Elmetaher, Jim Ronald and Philip Head
The setting up of a major new department-wide university English-language curriculum for first year students presents valuable opportunities to consider afresh what should be covered, and how. These presentations, given by six teachers involved in the planning and teaching of the two "Active English" courses at the core of this curriculum, focus on the following aspects of the courses: the background to the development of the courses and the wider curriculum; definitions and implementation of active learning; the roles of technology, both in the classroom and for course management; the teaching of speaking; and ways of incorporating a focus on learner development in the courses.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: International Conference Center Hiroshima (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: