neuroELT: Focusing on the Importance of Choosing the Right Levels for Our Students
Date: Saturday, January 13th, 2018 Time: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Ai Murphy
School systems typically push students up the grade levels each year (based on age), assuming the students have mastered what has been taught the previous year. However, research in neuroELT clearly shows us that all students' learning varies widely; a significant portion of our students should not be forced into the next level simply based on age-based assumptions. In this presentation learn about authentic student voices regarding this "automatic escalator system." You may be surprised by the young students' insights! Several practical solutions from neuroELT will be discussed, too.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Ogura TM (Teramoto) Building (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: