Gaining Insight Into Your Classroom Through Reflective Practice
Date: Sunday, February 4th, 2018 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Joan M. Kuroda
This presentation will introduce reflective practice, the reflective cycle and how making connections between past and present experiences can engage teachers in a meaning-making process that moves them towards an understanding of their teaching practices that informs their future experiences. This includes investigating, and sometimes discovering, underlying teaching beliefs. Focusing on description through gathering information from both the teacher's and students' perspectives can lead to insights about the classroom as teachers learn to view their teaching through the eyes of their students. Many skills, such as learning to be 'present', are acquired through the process of focusing on description and as teachers move through the reflective cycle. Improved teaching practices often follow, but the purpose of reflective practice is to engage in the process of making meaning from experiences.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: International Conference Center Hiroshima (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: