West Tokyo JALT:
Strategies and Activities for Success in the New Teaching Year Presentation and My share
Date: Saturday, March 10th, 2018 Time: 2:00 AM - 4:00 AM
Speaker: Melody Elliott (Tokai University)
Language instructors, particularly at the tertiary level, often teach at a variety of institutions over their careers and must face being "the new teacher" at each one. Each school presents unique challenges in terms of the courses, students, and administrative work, and they offer varying degrees of support to both full-time and part-time instructors. In this workshop, Melody will share tips drawn from her own experiences teaching at various universities and serving as an administrator for six years in her university's English language division, a position in which she was responsible for new teacher orientation. Discussion will include useful questions new teachers should ask, as well as effective ways the school can help them succeed, including a system in which veteran teachers support them. This workshop can also benefit veteran teachers in approaching a new teaching year.
Organization: West Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (West Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kyoritsu Girls' Junior Senior High School (Hachioji Campus)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact West Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: