Self-Publishing from Japan Workshop
Date: Sunday, April 15th, 2018 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Workshop speaker and facilitator: Kathy Morikawa (aka Wilhelmina Penn)
An online pre-registration form will be set up soon (please refer to the JALT Hokkaido facebook page as it will be posted there when ready). This will be a workshop and Q&A session, not a speech, for those considering self-publishing. So please come prepared to ask plenty of questions, either general or pertaining to your own specific book project if you like.
For the first part of the workshop (about 20 minutes), Penn will introduce a one-page set of questions to help you consider your publishing options. Then the session will be opened up for Q&A and discussion.
For those seriously considering self-publishing, it is recommended you read Penn's book ahead of time, Self-Publishing from Japan: A Step-by-Step Guide. Penn established Forest River Press in 2003 and has self-published a dozen titles (both paperbacks and e-books) since then.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Hokusei Gakuen University C-402 Classroom
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: