Temple University Japan:
Distinguished Lecturer Series: Teaching and Learning Vocabulary
Date: Saturday, July 7th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Nation (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
This course looks at the role played by direct learning and meaning focused activities in the teaching and learning of vocabulary. It examines the statistical nature of vocabulary and research-based principles of vocabulary learning in order to help teachers plan the vocabulary learning component of language courses. By the end of the course, course members should be able to discuss some of the important current issues in teaching and learning vocabulary, describe important areas for research in vocabulary, comment critically on research and practice, design the vocabulary component of a language course, and advise teachers and learners on vocabulary learning.
Organization: Temple University Japan
Venue: Osaka Ekimae Bldg. 3, 21st Floor, 1-1-3-2100 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0001 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Temple University Japan
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5441-9800