West Tokyo JALT:
Extensive Reading - What it is and how to do it
Date: Saturday, June 9th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Andrew Boon
In this presentation, Dr. Boon will outline his experience of implementing ER programs at Japanese universities. He will describe an ER course that he designed and delivered. Various ER activities that can be used to supplement a more traditional reading course will also be examined. Finally, he will describe his journey from ER practitioner to ER author. During the presentation, the audience will be encouraged to share their own ER experiences.
Organization: West Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (West Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Tokyo Metropolitan Tama Library
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact West Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: