Extensive Reading for Young Learners
Date: Sunday, April 15th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Chiyuki Yanase
n this workshop, Chiyuki Yanase will discuss how to facilitate and set up an effective Extensive Reading program for young learners using graded readers as well as picture books within various institutional contexts, from small classrooms to large ones. Then, she will invite participants to experience interactive shared reading as well as a number of different activities using graded readers from the Extensive Reading library of her school. It is hoped that participants will be encouraged to set up a reading library in their classes to develop their students' literacy skills and joy of reading.
Chiyuki Yanase is a language school owner, and a lecturer at several universities in Tokyo. She has been teaching English for young learners for over 20 years and holds an MSc in TEYL from Aston University. Her research interests focus on collaborative learning and the literacy development of young learners. She has presented at numerous conferences, and published several articles on team-teaching, learner autonomy, and collaborative learning.
Organization: ETJ Saitama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Saitama)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: English Time, Eddie Hills Shintoshin 2F, 2-5-28-2B Kami-Ochiai Chuo-ku Saitama-shi, Saitama 338-0001 (Dentist Taguchi Shika on same floor; map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Saitama
Email QR Code: