VietTESOL Convention 2018 (day 2 of 2)
Date: Saturday, October 13th, 2018 Time: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Call for papers due July 20
VietTESOL Convention 2018 Call for Papers
We would like to invite you to present at VietTESOL Convention 2018. The Convention will be collaboratively organized by VietTESOL Association, Hanoi University of Industry and the National Foreign Languages Project on 12-13th October 2018 at Hanoi University of Industry (HaUI), Vietnam. The main theme, concepts, strands and topics of VietTESOL Convention 2018 are as follows.
English language education in the Industrial Revolution 4.0: Meeting the needs of the dynamic labor market
The 4th Industrial Revolution, accompanied by advancements in robotics, virtual reality, cloud technology, big data, artificial intelligence, the internet of things and other technologies, is predicted to fundamentally change the way we learn, work and relate to others. The line between the physical, digital and biological spheres will be blurred. The entire system of production, management, and governance in industries will be transformed with new jobs created requiring more skills while routine ones will be automated. The resulting fast-changing global economy poses a challenging question to education: How to help learners prepare for such a dynamic labor market? Suggestions and responses to that critical question have been centered on the need to develop an adaptable and flexible education system which is outcomes-based and facilitative to the flexible awarding of educational qualifications and the special focus on ICT, future technologies, teacher education, and lifelong learning.
As the English language has become not only the language for political and commercial communication between people in different countries but also an important communication tool between human and machines, English language education needs to be paid special attention in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
In response to the fast-changing socio-economic, cultural and educational environment, English language education need to ensure not only high quality but also flexibility and suitability for the industries and contemporary social life. Such requirement is considered challenging for almost all English language learners, teachers, and educational institutions, and therefore demands collaborative and comprehensive solutions.
Aiming to bring together teachers, practitioners, researchers and research scholars in the field to exchange ideas and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of English language education in response to the requirement, we are now inviting proposals for presentations from teachers, practitioners, researchers, research students, and research scholars on the following strands:
- STRAND 1. Technology-enhanced English language teaching and learning
- Virtual learning environments
- Blended learning
- Educational games and software
- Mobile applications and learning (M-learning)
- Emerging technologies in language teaching
- Foreign language assessment software tools
- STRAND 2. English Language Teaching and Assessment
- Teaching language skills
- Teaching Vocabulary, Grammar, and Pronunciation
- Classroom management
- Learner autonomy
- Classroom-based assessment
- Test design and development
- Task-based teaching and learning
- Project-based teaching and learning
- STRAND 3. English for Specific Purposes
- ESP Curriculum and material development
- ESP Program Evaluation
- ESP Teacher Training and Continuing Professional Development
- Genre-based Linguistic Analyses
- English for occupational and professional purposes
- Challenges and solutions to ESP teaching and learning
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
Proposal submission deadlines 20th July 2018
Notification of accepted proposals 10th August 2018
Presenter registration deadline 30th August 2018
Conference dates 12th-13th October 2018
Full paper submission (for consideration to be published in a special issue of Language and Life Journal) 30th November 2018
Author guidelines (TBA)
Venue: Hanoi, Vietnam Ha Noi University of Industry (HaUI) (Address: No 298 - Cau Dien street, Bac Tu Liem District, Hanoi, Vietnam)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: +84-919-520-468