Graduate Student Showcase
Date: Sunday, July 29th, 2018 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Hao Jingxin, Stella Anggrainy, Rie Yamaji, Zeinab Shekarabi
Rescheduled to July 29 due to heavy rain; please note new venue
Four graduate students from Hiroshima University Graduate School of English Language Education will speak about exciting new research which they are currently conducting. First, Hao Jingxin will give a talk, entitled "A Comparative Study of Teaching Native Cultures in Senior High School English Textbooks between China and Japan." Then, Stella Anggrainy will explain her research, called "A Case Study on the Zone of Proximal Development in Role-Playing as an English Language Activity in Primary School in Japan." Next, Rie Yamaji's talk is entitled "An Analysis of Factors Affecting English Teachers' Textbook Use at a Junior High School in Japan." Finally, Zeinab Shekarabi will give a presentation, called "How Critical Thinking Ability Improve Japanese Argumentative Essay Under Different Planning Conditions."
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: International Conference Center, Peace Park
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: