Raising Bilingual Children
Date: Sunday, June 10th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Mary Nobuoka
Many people think that children raised by parents who speak two or more languages will naturally become bilingual or multilingual. However, in a monolingual country, this is not so easy. Raising a bilingual child in Japan (or countries like the USA where the majority language dominates) requires planning and attention. This presentation will alert parents to the challenges of raising a bilingual child and share the factors for success. Tips for adding bi-literacy skills will also be included. This talk will be of benefit to any family that is hoping their child(ren) will be bilingual, or to teachers of children who are being raised bilingually.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Kyoai Gakuen College
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: