The 1st JACET Summer (45th) and English Education (6th) Joint Seminar (day 2 of 3)
Date: Tuesday, August 21st, 2018 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Judith Hanks (U. of Leeds, U.K.), Tim Stewart (Kyoto U.), Osamu Takeuchi (Kansai U.), Yosuke Yanase (Hiroshima U.), Tatsuhiro Yoshida (Hyogo U. of Teacher Education); call for papers due June 8
For the 2018 Joint Seminar, JACET will offer both its Summer Seminar and its English Education Seminar, in collaboration with three JACET SIGs on Developmental Education (Jugyogaku (Kanto; Chubu; & Kansai)). This is a special year for the English Education Seminar, which marks the conclusion of a three-year English Education research project. The Summer Seminar itself is a central JACET event which attracts practitioners and researchers from Japan and abroad to share their knowledge and discuss state-of-the-art developments in research and practice.
As the 2018 Summer Seminar will focus on Jugyogaku, the two seminars will be held together in August for the first time. The broad theme of this joint seminar is practitioner research, or more specifically, classroom research. In contemporary language education contexts, teachers are encouraged to identify salient issues, carry out systematic investigations, and collaborate with colleagues in research. Indeed, there are numerous challenges to conducting classroom research. This seminar thus aims to explore three areas:
- Why should we revisit classroom research now?
- How might we approach it?
- Who are the 'practitioners'?
In addressing these questions, this joint seminar will include oral presentations, poster sessions, symposia, and featured lectures by prominent researchers. For details, please see the JACET Summer and English Education Joint Seminar web page. Registration is available through this online form.
Organization: Japan Association of College English Teachers (National JACET)
Cost: JACET Members: 12,000 yen
Non-members: 14,000 yen
Venue: Kyoto Prefectural University (1-5 Hangi-cho, Shimogamo, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8522)
Location: Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact National JACET
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3268-9686