Building Balance - Mixing Fundamentals with Fun!
Date: Sunday, July 1st, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Eric Kane (ELF Learning)
Description: In this fast-paced, practical, 3-part presentation, we will look at how to build the basics of language in a fun and engaging way. More specifically, we will practice techniques for developing early reading skills (phonemic awareness, phonics and vocabulary development), explore how to use songs and chants effectively and learn how to create a classroom culture that encourages curiosity and enthusiasm for learning a new language.
- Session 1 -- Building a Classroom Culture: The first session will look at strategies and activities that build a fun and collaborative learning environment through shared experiences.
- Session 2 -- Building Language Basics: In the second session, we will play with sounds, letters, syllables and words to establish a strong foundation for reading…in a fun way!
- Session 3 -- Building Fluency: In our final session, we will sing and dance and laugh as we learn how to get the most out of music in the classroom.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (free for students, MUE alumni, English Education Center alumni)
Venue: Miyagi University of Education (MUE), Room 202 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: