Speech, Drama and Debate SIG of JALT:
Special Process Drama Workshop and JALT Speech, Drama, and Debate SIG Summer Travelling Conference 2018 (Nagoya)
Date: Saturday, July 14th, 2018 Time: 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Eucharia Donnery (Shonan Institute of Technology); Call for Papers deadline is June 24
Event Theme: Process Drama in EFL and Getting Published in Performance-Assisted Learning (PAL)
In addition to the SDD SIG Summer Travelling Conference in Nagoya (details below), there is also a Special Process Drama Workshop on July 14 in Nagoya (Location to be announced), 10:00-12:30 (part 1), 13:30-16:00 (part 2). This is an intensive extended workshop on process drama conducted by a master practitioner. It is aimed at teachers who are new to process drama. The workshop is supported by the JALT Speech, Drama, and Debate SIG. Process drama is a well established teaching approach in many European countries and is gaining interest in Asia as an effective tool in the EFL classroom. In process drama, teachers and students work together to explore different themes. It creates opportunities for students to use language in situations and relationships beyond the usual classroom setting. Cost: Free Note: This free workshop is part of a doctoral research study. Those who register will be contacted and asked to participate. However, participation is completely optional. You can register for the process drama workshop at the SDD Conferences website.
The JALT Speech,Drama, and Debate SIG Summer Travelling Conference 2018 (Nagoya) will be held July 14-15 in Nagoya (location to be announced). The Call for Papers deadline is June 24. Presentation format: poster, short presentation and workshops. Presentation proposals are welcome on the topics of speech, drama, debate, oral interpretation, Reader's Theatre and other performance-assisted learning (PAL) related themes. A published author will talk about how to get published. Publishers may also give advice. If you have material you would like to get published, you can do a poster presentation that covers your material and get advice from a published author.
Schedule: (Tentative--details posted later)
- July 14:
- The conference will start after the Process Drama Workshop which runs from (10:00-16:00) at the same venue
- 16:00-16:30 Registration
- 16:30-18:00 Getting Published Workshop Part 1
- 18:30-20:30 Networking Event (nearby Italian restaurant)
- July 15:
- 10:00-12:30 Getting Published Workshop Part 2/Presentations
- 13:30-16:00 Getting Published Workshop Part 3/Presentations
- 16:00-18:30 Getting Published Workshop Part 4/Presentations
You can register for the SDD SIG Summer Travelling Conference 2018 (Nagoya) and submit a presentation proposal at the SDD Conferences website. Presenters must also register and pay conference fees.
Organization: Speech, Drama and Debate Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (Speech, Drama and Debate SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 1,000 yen/day for SDD SIG members; 1,500 yen/day for JALT members
Non-members: 2,000 yen/day for non-JALT members (free for full-time uni students)
Venue: Venue TBA
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Speech, Drama and Debate SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: