From Elementary English Onward
Date: Sunday, June 24th, 2018 Time: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Speaker: Satomi Miura (Morioka Municipal Tsukigaoka Elementary School)
It is our great pleasure to host an event this month featuring Miss Satomi Miura, a J-SHINE Trainer and a Japanese Teacher of English (JTE) in Shizukuishi Town in Iwate, and also a JTE at Morioka Municipal Tsukigaoka Elementary School. The full abstract for her presentation can be found below: From Elementary English Onward From 2020, MEXT (The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) will roll out their new curriculum for English education. It is therefore imperative that all educators, from elementary school to university programs, move forward in the same direction to achieve success with the curriculum. During the presentation, the presenter will introduce some of their lesson plans for the new auxiliary teaching materials "We Can!" and "Let's Try!", which have been designed to complement MEXT's reform, and explore how educators can transition from memory-based lessons to experience-based active learning. In addition, the presenter will introduce J-SHINE, NPO 小学校英語指導者協議会 and how the organization's trainers/leaders function in elementary schools, specifically. Following the presentation, we plan to go out for food and drinks for a late lunch, so if you have a bit of extra time, please plan to join us!
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Holly Creative Space (3F), 1-23 Higashinakacho, Urawa-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama-ken (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: