Developing Young Learners' Literacy Skills Through CLIL
Date: Saturday, July 14th, 2018 Time: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Chiyuki Yanase
In this workshop, Chiyuki Yanase will discuss what Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) is and why it can be an effective approach in EFL classes for young learners. She will also explore how CLIL can be integrated in order to develop young learners' literacy skills in a EFL story-based class. Participants will be invited to experience CLIL activities, based on a story. It is hoped that participants go back to their classrooms with engaging CLIL activities which motivate literacy development and language learning of young learners.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: 2nd floor of the Plaka 1 building, just outside Niigata Station (south exit), and just above the famous Junkudo Bookstore
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: