Meisei University International Studies Centre:
2018 Meisei University International Studies Centre Professional Development Forum
Date: Saturday, November 10th, 2018 Time: 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Call for papers due October 5th, 2018
Meisei University's International Studies Centre will host their eighth annual professional development forum where English lecturers will present short seminars on EFL classroom practice and relevant research themes. We now invite short presentations and attendance from all Meisei University teaching staff. The forum's goal is to offer an opportunity for us all to exchange teaching skills, classroom experiences and research focuses, which ultimately enables us to better teach our students, and to present our work in a collegial atmosphere. Features include:
- Keynote speaker
- Publisher demonstrations
- Networking lunch
Call for papers: Proposals for short presentations (25 minutes) are welcome. The submission deadline is Friday, October 5th, 2018. We encourage presentations (in English) such as:
- ELT lesson shares, classroom activities/tasks/projects;
- Reports on research you are currently working on;
- Intercultural approaches to classroom practices and content for language learning.
Submission requirements: 1) Contact details: Name, affiliation, telephone number, email address. 2) Presentation title. 3) Presentation abstracts (100 words): 4) Presentation description (for the forum program): 50 words 5) Desired equipment 6) Comments or questions. Please pass this information on to any colleagues who may be interested; university educators are more likely to find the event useful. Please email all proposals, registration and queries to Fintan Brennan at: fintan.brennan-AT-meisei-u.ac.jp.
Organization: Meisei University International Studies Centre
Venue: Meisei University, 2-1-1 Hodokubo, Hino City, Tokyo: International Studies Centre, Building 23, 4th Floor (access)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Meisei University International Studies Centre
Email QR Code: