JALT Hokkaido Winter Language Teaching Conference: Language as a Business Tool: Communicating in the Global Market
Date: Sunday, January 27th, 2019 Time: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: Marcos Benevides (Oberlin University, Tokyo); call for papers due November 4, 2018
The goal of most students is to get an interesting, fulfilling job after graduation. What language tools can help them succeed? How can we help prepare them for the global market? This conference attempts to address questions about how acquiring a second language will help make their dream job a reality. This year's conference will begin with registration and a networking event on Saturday, 26 January. This will be followed by a full lineup of presentations, student showcase, a symposium with leaders in education and business, and publisher displays on Sunday the 27th from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm at Hokkai-Gakuen University in Sapporo. Our keynote speaker will be Marcos Benevides from J. F. Oberlin University, Tokyo. The title of his talk is "A task-based framework for business communication."
Call for papers
While the business focus of this conference call suggests an adult learner focus, abstracts from all steps of the education process are welcome from young learners through to ongoing adult education and everything in between. Submit your proposal. Presentation formats: Poster presentation (1 hour time slot); 20-minute presentation (+10 minutes Q&A); 40-minute presentation (+10 minutes Q&A). The deadline for submissions is Sunday, 4 November, 2018, 5pm. Submitters will be notified of the result by 11 November, 2018.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: JALT / JACET members and students with ID free
Non-members: on the day 2000 yen; pre-register 1000 yen
Venue: Hokkai-Gakuen University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: