West Tokyo JALT:
Using the Process Approach for Advanced Academic Writing: Practical Applications for Diverse Situations
Date: Saturday, October 13th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Matthew Taylor
In this presentation/workshop,which is sponsored by Cengage National Geographic Learning, the immense task of teaching advanced academic writing in English, specifically, research paper writing, to learners who may or may not be prepared for it will be addressed. The presenter proposes that the "process approach" is best for tackling this complex and multi-faceted endeavor, but what does that mean? This presentation will cover key elements of the process approach in a practical way, including timing and pacing for the different stages of pre-writing, writing, and revision, as well as feedback and intervention at each of these stages. The presenter is one of the authors of Basic Steps to Writing Research Papers 2nd edition (National Geographic Learning), and will make extensive use of the textbook to demonstrate this approach concretely, but the general principles and techniques are more broadly applicable.
Organization: West Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (West Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Machida Rental Space Room D (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact West Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: