JHS/SHS Reading and Writing
Date: Sunday, November 4th, 2018 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Sean Anderson and Irene Sugizaki
ETJ Tokyo is holding its 5th meeting of the year. Two presenters will share their years of experience teaching junior and senior high students the art of reading and writing. Sean's presentation will focus on teaching paragraph writing and Irene's will show how grammar games can help motivate students to develop their own skills independently.
Sean Anderson has a decade of experience teaching junior high and high school students and has published an educational game and workbook. His presentation will entertain as he explains how to effectively teach paragraph writing to English language learners. He is a high school teacher at Seiwa Gakuin High School in Zushi.
Irene Sugizaki has been teaching ESL here in Japan for almost 9 years. She is the teacher/owner of IHES and teacher trainer/facilitator of ELITE, a training center for home-based English teaching. Her presentation will be about ESL activities and grammar games that motivate students to practice and strengthen essential reading and writing skills-independently.
Organization: ETJ Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nellies Bookstore-3 rd Floor, Iidabashi (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Tokyo
Email QR Code: