Simple Activities to Help Engage Learners
Date: Sunday, October 28th, 2018 Time: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Aleda Krause
On behalf of Saitama JALT, it is our great pleasure to host the founder of Omiya JALT (present-day Saitama JALT), Aleda Krause, English teacher and trainer, and author of SuperKids, a 6-level EFL series for elementary-school children, SuperTots, a 3-level EFL series for kindergarteners, and the Longman Children's Picture Dictionary. Details of her abstract are found below: The best classes are almost always the simplest ones. Teachers are not stressed, students are confident and involved, and everyone knows what's happening and what they're supposed to do. Teachers need a set of successful activities that they can adapt to different classes in order to have these simple lessons. We will try out some simple activities to add to your English lessons with young learners, based on the chapters in the new MEXT textbooks for 3rd and 4th graders, Let's Try 1 and 2.
Following Aleda's presentation, we will hold our Annual General Meeting (AGM) where Saitama JALT officers will give their reports and officer elections for next year will be held. If you are interested in running for a position, please plan to attend the AGM. Anyone can run for any position with no experience necessary. Current officers are happy to help train newcomers on how to perform the duties of each position. We really need motivated individuals to help continue the momentum that Saitama JALT has been enjoying for the past few years. If you have any questions about positions or about running, please contact the Saitama JALT President at email@example.com If you have time, please plan to join us for refreshments after the AGM.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Holly Creative Space (3F) 1-23 Higashinakacho, Urawa-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama-ken 330-0056 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: