JALT 4-Corners Tour: Teaching English in Laos
Date: Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Thongsouk Keomany
The speaker will enliven you with his natural charm, wit and warm heart as he talks about his students, experiences and his work in the English Department at the National University of Laos. Having assisted with over 180 amazing visits of mainly JALT members to Laos under the Lao Program (THT Laos) you will be moved by his spirit for life. He will firstly offer a general perspective on the unique context for education in Laos, particularly in relation to inclusive education, before giving us an introduction to the National University of Laos, where he has worked for 22 years. In addition he will speak specifically on inclusive education in NUOL and the various programs, activities and policies related to supporting impoverished and special needs learners he has worked on. Finally he will offer information on LaoTESOL, a unique TESOL event, for Lao teachers of English and invited presenters. He will finish with information on how to apply to be a presenter at the conference. He feels strongly that high standards of education can only be achieved by teachers who work guided by their hearts and spirits.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Venue: Okayama University General Education Bldg, Room C32 3-1-1 Tsushima-naka Kita-ku Okayama
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: