Inside a Fluency-Focused English Classroom
Date: Saturday, January 12th, 2019 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Jose Domingo Cruz
All teachers want their students to achieve higher levels of fluency, but how to teach it, and which classrooms methods actually work? The presenter has been teaching fluency-based speaking classes for over 20 years, and will share his methods and theories to get students to speak faster and to say more. In addition to a basic description of the essentials of his teaching techniques, he will demonstrate some basic classroom activities for fluency, such as basic "Speed Conjugation", another called "One Idea, One Breath" (OIOB) which is aimed at fluency improvement, and perhaps also, "Disagreements". Time permitting, there will also be an introduction to his Authentic Listening / fluency practice website, GOLDFish365.
José Domingo Cruz works on several English study projects, including his newest venture, "GOLDFish365". Cruz is from Canada, and is a veteran university instructor and Japan resident, specializing in fluency instruction and authentic materials creation.
Note: The venue is in Tenjin at the Kurume University Satellite Campus in the ELGALA building, next to Daimaru, near Tenjin Minami station. Use the south-east "Office" entrance across from Freshness Burger to access the 6th floor; please check this map for details.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Tenjin, Fukuoka City: Kurume University Satellite Campus (ELGALA building, next to Daimaru, near Tenjin Minami station, room 601-2 map
Location: Fukuoka City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: