Navigating the Discussion of "Challenging" Topics in High School and University English Classes
Date: Sunday, January 27th, 2019 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Marian Hara
The Education Ministry has announced that communication, thinking and discussion skills must be developed to help produce Japanese citizens who are able to hold their own in our globalized world. What are your thoughts on this? Is it something you do already? Do you think it's too difficult for high school students? How can we work effectively on these skill areas in our English classes? What are the pitfalls? The speaker will introduce some possible approaches and lead a discussion on the challenges and directions we can take to help our students thrive in these areas Please come prepared to share some topics you would like to work on with your students.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kyoai Gakuen Maebashi International College (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: