Notre Dame Seishin University:
International Communication and Community Development Conference
Date: Saturday, November 16th, 2019 Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Joseph Shaules, Stephen Ryan, Kathryn Tanaka; call for papers due May 31
The inaugural International Communication and Community Development Conference sponsored by Notre Dame Seishin University and held in co-operation with SIETAR Japan, the JALT Global Issues in Language Education SIG and the JALT Intercultural Communication in Language Education SIG, will be held in Okayama, Japan from November 16-17th, 2019. The Call for Papers is now open until May 31st.
The conference will have two main strands. One is for teachers and researchers who wish to present their research findings in these fields. A major theme of the conference is to connect the Global Issues and the Intercultural Communication communities to review the current status in these fields, and to explore future possibilities in growth and awareness. The conference also will host a student showcase allowing both undergraduate and graduate students to showcase their work, whether it be a thesis or some research they have been working, or some kind of fieldwork or service work project related to the conference theme. They can present this as a formal talk, or as a poster, photo gallery, art display or a documentary movie.
The conference will allow displays by various organizations; please contact the organizers for information. The conference will accept presentations in any language. For more information, please see the conference website.
Organization: Notre Dame Seishin University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Notre Dame Seishin University
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: