10 Principles of TBLT Activity Design
Date: Saturday, April 20th, 2019 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Curtis Kelly
Join Kobe JALT on Saturday, April 20th as we welcome our first speaker of the 2019-2020 academic year, Dr. Curtis Kelly! His presentation is titled "Ten Principles of TBLT Activity Design." TBLT makes English a conduit rather than a target, so it begs for well-crafted activities. Activities that "Pull" instead of "Push" is the true test of good lesson design and the first of ten principles the presenter will offer. The principles, discovered during decades of textbook writing, provide guidance in engaging students, controlling language targets, and solving typical class management problems, such as keeping learners in the target language. Take-home activities will also be provided.
This presentation will be followed by dinner at The Sky Buffet, a short walk from the venue, from 5:30pm. Please click this link to RSVP for the dinner. Please RSVP by April 13th! Kobe JALT hopes to see many of you there for a night of TBLT, dinner, and networking!
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe International House (Kobe Kokusai Kaikan) Room 804
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: